VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2018 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Since there has been no reported land clearing, markers or attractions closing yet, where does everyone think this new attraction will go? I think/hope they will continue building up the former Old Country area, although it wouldn't surprise me if they threw us a curveball.

Interesting development. It still makes me nervous with 0 indication of any land clearing which would have to start soon for any type of coaster, but I still have my fingers crossed. I almost hope they wait a year if that's what it takes to get the upgraded version in the T-Rex, but I'd go crazy for a Raptor track as well. The capacity does scare me, though.

It would be a great fit for TGE.

TGE sure gets crowded. That goes for any major chain park in general. I don't know how SFFT is going to pull it off honestly. Well, time to book a flight to San Antonio next year ;)!

Interesting development. It still makes me nervous with 0 indication of any land clearing which would have to start soon for any type of coaster, but I still have my fingers crossed. I almost hope they wait a year if that's what it takes to get the upgraded version in the T-Rex, but I'd go crazy for a Raptor track as well. The capacity does scare me, though.

Remember when people kept saying this about the S&S 4D Free Spins? Everyone thought we would get the bigger 10 inversion one and were shocked when Six Flags dropped the exact same ride here that Fiesta Texas received. I would expect to get an exact clone of this Raptor track coaster too. T-REX looks like it will provide a way to build cheap Giga coasters, so that might be down the road.

Edited by Medusa42

Remember when people kept saying this about the S&S 4D Free Spins? Everyone thought we would get the bigger 10 inversion one and were shocked when Six Flags dropped the exact same ride here that Fiesta Texas received. I would expect to get an exact clone of this Raptor track coaster too. T-REX looks like it will provide a way to build cheap Giga coasters, so that might be down the road.

I always expected the standard 4D. Word on the street back in 2014 was that GAdv was slated to get Joker the same year SFFT got Batman, but they went over budget with Zumanjaro and got El Diablo instead. I do think it is very possible we get a Raptor instead of a T-Rex, but I am holding out hope that these Raptors will set the stage for T-Rex's at GAdv and SFMM. With that said, I don't expect SF to go anywhere near 300ft with the T-Rex track. I would expect 160ft-220ft.

Yeah I'd think we would have seen somebody kind of markers in the park. And I agree. Let them work out all the kinks with the raptor and hopefully we'll get the T Rex next year.

You wouldn't see any markers if it's going to be put in an area that you can't get to

You wouldn't see any markers if it's going to be put in an area that you can't get to

Very true. Someone on FB claimed they heard employees talking about using the area over by the arena and metro grill. So yeah, if markers were there we wouldn't see them.

Very true. Someone on FB claimed they heard employees talking about using the area over by the arena and metro grill. So yeah, if markers were there we wouldn't see them.

I said awhile back this is where I wanted an RMC. There isn't a ton of usable space, but enough for a Raptor/something Wicked Cyclone-sized. I do think that we would have to see some land clearing soon if something relatively big was to go there, which should be visible from Nitro and the Big Wheel. Time to keep a lookout.

• Like 1

Something I find interesting, I just heard in Coaster Labs analysis video (

) where he said that all the footers were flat and it looks like the coaster is designed to be cloned. When you think about it, Great adventure has had the 2nd's of a few ride clones. Batman The Ride, The Joker, Superman Ultimate Flight (A year after Over Georgia's), Zumanjaro (Second Intamin drop tower in the chain).

That being said, Great Adventure randomly has an open area lake front that seems like it could fit a clone of Wonder Woman Golden Lasso. While I think that Great Adventure will never get a Raptor and that they would get a T-Rex, You never know. I have always wondered what they could put in that land along with the area that is used in Holiday in the Park right next to Yum Yum Cafe.

Something I find interesting, I just heard in Coaster Labs analysis video (

) where he said that all the footers were flat and it looks like the coaster is designed to be cloned. When you think about it, Great adventure has had the 2nd's of a few ride clones. Batman The Ride, The Joker, Superman Ultimate Flight (A year after Over Georgia's), Zumanjaro (Second Intamin drop tower in the chain).

That being said, Great Adventure randomly has an open area lake front that seems like it could fit a clone of Wonder Woman Golden Lasso. While I think that Great Adventure will never get a Raptor and that they would get a T-Rex, You never know. I have always wondered what they could put in that land along with the area that is used in Holiday in the Park right next to Yum Yum Cafe.

If you are speaking about the former Grandstand area, a Raptor won't fit there. That strip could barely fit a 4D. It is a very thin piece of land, and you have to remember they have to fit the station, queue, etc...

If you are speaking about the former Grandstand area, a Raptor won't fit there. That strip could barely fit a 4D. It is a very thin piece of land, and you have to remember they have to fit the station, queue, etc...

Yea, I honestly don't even think a pendulum ride could fit there

Wonder Woman at Fiesta Texas appears to be pretty close in size to the 250 ft x 75 ft layout RMC previously released. I measured the existing pond the ride will sit on in Google Earth while comparing the site with the renderings. That should provide a good frame of reference for where the ride might be able to fit if it was added to Great Adventure in the future.

• Like 1

I hope the log flume stays around for a long time, even if a new water ride replaced it so many water rides seem to be ones that get riders soaked rather than just cooled off like the log flume.

• Like 1

I haven't rode the log flume in a while but it is nice to have a water ride that doesn't get you soaking wet.

Scream scape is saying the rumor is we are getting a Skywarp

A Skywarp would have been fun if we didn't have El Dioblo already. the Skywarp looks better but not so much that I wouldn't rather have a couple of other flats in its place.