VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2018 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I really hope it's not a Skywarp. I don't expect us to get the most expensive addition after Joker and Justice League back to back, but I'd prefer a different thrill flat ride like the giant frisbee or new style enterprise.

I'm getting tired of the superhero themes to be honest

Ironically I was talking to my daughter about the fact that The Joker seemed out of place, considering most of the superhero rides are in Movie Town. But she reminded me that Green Lantern and Superman are not in Movie Town either. And, I guess, technically Bizarro too.

Ironically I was talking to my daughter about the fact that The Joker seemed out of place, considering most of the superhero rides are in Movie Town. But she reminded me that Green Lantern and Superman are not in Movie Town either. And, I guess, technically Bizarro too.

Bizarro really is the most out there. It's sandwiched between Mexico and Western cowboy

I would have preferred the coaster not be rethemed. The ridership increase was probably temporary (with lines not too bad recently except during Fright Fest). Not that the Medusa theme really fit in with Frontier Adventures but it was less out of place than the Bizarro theme is. Also because the money spent on the speakers added to the trains and theming could have been spent on general park upkeep or a new flat ride.

If the 2018 addition is superhero themed, hopefully it will be near the other superhero rides.

If the Skywarp rumors are true hopefully we will at LEAST get it in a package like SFOT's last year.

I still think a coaster in 2019 is extremely likely, especially an RMC T-Rex. Our park is due for a new, massive coaster, as well as an RMC. Its seriously our year in 2019. Especially if we get a Skywarp

Bizarro really is the most out there. It's sandwiched between Mexico and Western cowboy

What they should have done is when they got Green Lantern, theme that as Bizarro since it is right next to Superman, and they could have left Medusa as is. Of course, that would have required them to know that they were getting a coaster to replace GASM years in advance.

If the 2018 addition is superhero themed, hopefully it will be near the other superhero rides.

At this point no matter where they put a new ride it will be near another superhero ride with the way they are spread out all over the plave

I dont think this will be happening in the next couple of years, but I would love to see Green Lantern converted to a regular sit down looper.

I've said this before to. Is it possible to put sit down trains on it though? That would be a much better experience IMHO Thoughts of an experience more like Kumba :drool5:

Are floorless train seats higher above the track than sit down trains? I tried to look at some pictures of the trains and couldn't tell. I thought that might have been why some of the other standups could be converted to floorless coasters (something to do with the heartline of riders). I wouldn't mind if they converted it to sit down trains with the park not having a regular sit down looping coaster with trains that have a floor but wouldn't want to see Green Lantern converted to a floorless coaster since we already have Bizarro.

I don't see why it couldn't be converted to a sit down, besides SF spending the money. Floorless seats should be the same hight off the track as a standard train. The exception to this are the stand ups that have been converted to floorless like Mantis. the seats sit higher off the track to allow the same "heartline" as when it was stand up. Its not too noticeable but you can really tell when you are in the station. there are extra blocks on the floor that drops out that help you step up to be able to get in the seat. So if GL where to ever be converted id suspect the seats would sit just as high off the track as floorless conversions

Are floorless train seats higher above the track than sit down trains? I tried to look at some pictures of the trains and couldn't tell. I thought that might have been why some of the other standups could be converted to floorless coasters (something to do with the heartline of riders). I wouldn't mind if they converted it to sit down trains with the park not having a regular sit down looping coaster with trains that have a floor but wouldn't want to see Green Lantern converted to a floorless coaster since we already have Bizarro.

I'm not sure about how B&M sit down trains compare to floorless trains, but the converted standup->floorless trains are actually taller than the regular floorless trains to account for the difference in heartline.