VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2018 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

The problems with Zumanjaro not opening on time and not being able to run with Kingda Ka stem from problems with the state. I think the park working with Intamin again is a prety good chance lol

I don't know if I see many if any american parks working with Intamin. I think Fahrenheit was the last Intamin attraction to open without problems.

Since Fahrenheit:

- I-305 at Kings Dominion (Retracking, Rebuilding, Cable Lift Breaking, Trim Brakes, New Trains, Etc.)

- Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens (Stalling, Flooding, Other problems in it's first year)

- Green Lantern at SFMM (Delayed Opening)

- Skyrush (Closing early in it's first year, Slowed down lift)

BONUS: Falcon's Fury (Delayed opening, manufacturing and technical issues with the cables which pull the gondola up the tower, Building-Dismantling-Rebuilding the tower)

There were also the problems with Shoot the Rapids. I don't know how much downtime Zumanjaro has compared to other Intamin towers but it seems to have more frequent breakdowns compared to non Intamin drop towers. I thought Hershey would continue to work with them and even they went with other companies for Laff Trakk and the drop towers and I would be surprised to see the next Great Adventure coaster from Intamin.

Just because it's been a few years since a major Intamin ride opened in the United States doesn't mean that can't change on a dime. I also think you're exaggerating the issues with Cheetah Hunt, Green Lantern and Skyrush which are all pretty reliable rides. Opening year jitters, tunnels flooding that are obviously going to flood from time to time and a valley that happened a few years ago aren't really a big issue.

If you put the logic together:

El Toro Was Down for a month in 2013 and frequent cable lift breakdowns

Zumanjaro goes down all the time and is slow moving with Ka.

Ka just breaks down because of the launch. Enough Said.

These are all good rides though!

• 2 weeks later...

1-Bizzaro was around 2 years before Nitro was built?! I swore that came after Nitro

2-Skyrush's lift used to be faster? I rode for the first time this past summer and I thought the lift was dumb fast

If you wanted to go back a year before Fahrenheit, you could put Maverick (CP) on the list. They had to get rid of the inversion after the turn out of the second launch

Edited by Mrpq

Oh my can't believe I forgot about the joker ><... oops. Wasn't thinking lol sorry guys. Apparently over on theme park review someone mentioned that all the rides in Bugs Bunny National Park have been removed from the website and they've done a little more deconstructing then "winter maintenance". However it could possibly be a glitch but if they relocate those rides and redo the seaport/safari kids area that would be a much needed remodel and finally have one big section designated for kids even though the center of the park would be more ideal. Guess we'll have to wait and see... I personally wish they finish working on additions to movietown/ old country first...unless they redevelop oc into a new kids area which wouldn't be such a bad idea either.

1. It was BUILT 2 years before Nitro as Medusa. It was rethemed in 2009 to Bizarro.

2. I'm not sure if it was that much faster. Cable tends to vary by a little.

Hope I helped!

We Were Talking About that in Misc GA mumblings if you wanted other opinions on that topic truepolak.

Edited by Mr.Six
  • Like 1

1-Bizzaro was around 2 years before Nitro was built?! I swore that came after Nitro

2-Skyrush's lift used to be faster? I rode for the first time this past summer and I thought the lift was dumb fast

If you wanted to go back a year before Fahrenheit, you could put Maverick (CP) on the list. They had to get rid of the inversion after the turn out of the second launch

Bizarro debuted in 2009, but the ride was formerly Medusa which was built in 1999. Their both the same ride, they just repainted it and added some extra themeing and a whole new sign. Nitro opened in 2001. The website has an amazing spotlight section that has before and after pictures showing the difference.

Btw I always have to google Bizarro because I always type Bizarro my self....it's offically my most mispelled word next to definately ..I mean definitely.

1. It was BUILT 2 years before Nitro as Medusa. It was rethemed in 2009 to Bizarro.

2. I'm not sure if it was that much faster. Cable tends to vary by a little.

Hope I helped!

We Were Talking About that in Misc GA mumblings if you wanted other opinions on that topic truepolak.

OH yeah that I knew, the way I read the original comment or the way the post was worded made it sound like it was transformed before Nitro, and I thought to my self no way lol. Still Meduas only 2 years before Nitro. It felt like there was a longer time gap between the two coaster, but I guess not

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind seeing this S&S Twisted Looper concept on the empty space by the lakefront. It's sort of a Sky Rocket II merged with a wing coaster and seats 32 riders.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSHiubQ8_CA

Too similar to our super loop. I'd rather the S&S, but we already have something similar. I'd rather get one of the numerous other concepts S&S just released.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm probably the only one that is gonna say I don't think something will go in Old Country at least in 2018.

Edited by Mr.Six

So what it will do for old Old Country section for next year? Put new flat rides on old Autobahn's spot, Chaos's spot and old Enterprise's spot. Old Country section will be renamed into Metropolis, and what 4-5 new flat ride package will be coming soon in next year?

We already have a ride in Chaos old spot; Deja vu.

• 2 months later...

Don't ya think we might get RMC T-Rex or Thrill Ride Package next year?

From the success of the Zamperla Giant Discoverys, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's what we receive in 2018. I'm not sure if we would see any other rides though, maybe a Disk-O or Enterprise. The thing i would love to see is all of them come in 2018, but knowing Six Flagsc it wont happen.

Well, I don't think we'll ever get a T-Rex. At best maybe a Raptor in like 2020. If ANYTHING a giant discovery. Or I think Marci Gras would work.

Oh god not the T-rex speculation/rumors again. Those who have been on the site a while know why i say this :P;)

But it makes perfect sense, and they will put it by the games on the boardwalk to make massive amounts of money. Lmao and smh.

From the success of the Zamperla Giant Discoverys, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's what we receive in 2018. I'm not sure if we would see any other rides though, maybe a Disk-O or Enterprise. The thing i would love to see is all of them come in 2018, but knowing Six Flagsc it wont happen.

I agree, I could also see a DC themed kids section like SFOG has in the remaining space of Old Country next to Justice League. I think the next coaster will be a family woodie, maybe GCI and in 2-3 years.
  • Like 1

I agree, I could also see a DC themed kids section like SFOG has in the remaining space of Old Country next to Justice League. I think the next coaster will be a family woodie, maybe GCI and in 2-3 years.

Next kids expansion will be 2020, if you don't believe me go in th Guest Relations/Information center adjacent to the old entrance to Old Country, to the right of the Main Street Fountain. But as for 2019, this could be the year for the next coaster, and it will most likely have to do with RMC or GCI.

Oh god not the T-rex speculation/rumors again. Those who have been on the site a while know why i say this :P;)

I kinda miss Railer now.

• Like 1

Guy what the next year is going for new addition for our park? Could DC Super Friends area will take over the rest of Old Country section and Bugs Bunny. Boomtown takes over Looney Tunes Seaport / Safari Kids or we are getting thrill ride package like Giant Discovery?

I would like the park to take out the Dark Knight put in a Zamperla Giant Discovery, but leave in the pre-show and then have a bunch of lights everywhere , would anyone else like this to happen if it is possible? Edited by Makaio