VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2018 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

The next coaster will be for our park's 50th anniversary soon so it's gonna be big one like Wing or Dive coaster.

SF doesn't seem to spend money for milestones. This year was Over Georgia's 50th season, with next year being their official 50th birthday. All they got this year was 2 new kiddie areas, and all they're getting next year is a Justice League. No gigantic Wing or Dive coasters.

• Like 1

I do agree we need some kiddie area updates within a few years. Those areas are basically ghost towns if you go back there. Lets get a prediction timeline going:

2017: Justice League

2018: Flat Package (Including Giant Discovery)

2019: Kiddie Areas and New Safari Additions

2020: Possible New Coaster?

I do agree we need some kiddie area updates within a few years. Those areas are basically ghost towns if you go back there. Lets get a prediction timeline going:

2017: Justice League

2018: Flat Package (Including Giant Discovery)

2019: Kiddie Areas and New Safari Additions

2020: Possible New Coaster?

I think:

2018: Just 1 Giant Discovery, Hurricane Harbor Bonzai Pipelines

2019: Looney Toons Seaport into Bugs Bunny Boomtown, Safari Kids into DC Super Friends, closing the picnic areas

2020: Relocating the picnic area near the safari entrance, new coaster in the old space's spot

The picnic area will not be moving any time soon. As it is it's in an ideal spot since they can easily bring people in and out through separate gates to the parking lot. There is still plenty of room around the park for new coasters. It may mean moving or removing other things to do it, but there's still lots of space.

What about the area where voodoo island is? It seemed like a big area when I was walking through it.

Voodoo Island, from what I'm seeing on the map, is too out of the way. It's on the outcropping the Log Flume is on, and I'm not sure there's infrastructure enough on that area for a large ride.

^The Giant Discovery is seriously in another league. I've been on Cedar Point's and Kings Island's HUSS models, Kings Dominion's Mondial, and Kennywood's Zamperla. To give some sort of comparison, on a scale of 1 (sucks) to 10 (better than my favorite coaster), I'd say...

Cedar Point's HUSS: 6

Kings Island's HUSS: 5.5

Kings Dominion's Mondial: 5

Kennywood's Zamperla: 8.5

^ I agree, I just got to ride Kennywood's Zamperla a couple of weeks ago and it was way better than any other ride like it that I've been on. Other than some drop towers it might actually be my favorite flat ride ever. Unlike any of the other giant frisbees, the spinning changes direction multiple times, the seats felt more "open", and it runs a pretty long cycle too.

For comparison I've also ridden maXair at CP and Delirium at Kings Island.

Edited by RC98

^The Giant Discovery is seriously in another league. I've been on Cedar Point's and Kings Island's HUSS models, Kings Dominion's Mondial, and Kennywood's Zamperla. To give some sort of comparison, on a scale of 1 (sucks) to 10 (better than my favorite coaster), I'd say...

Cedar Point's HUSS: 6

Kings Island's HUSS: 5.5

Kings Dominion's Mondial: 5

Kennywood's Zamperla: 8.5

I would definitely rather get a Huss, but GA seems to be installing Giant Discoveries recently sadly. We'll get a ZGD with like a crappy weak DC theme like: Aquaman's Aqua Revenge

• Like 1

My first post here,
I love coming here for upcoming SFGA future predictions.

I am been saying for years they should move the Congo Rapids ride to Hurricane Harbor or get rid of the ride.
I hate getting my sneakers and socks soaked on the ride.

It would be awesome to go on the ride or something similar in HH in a bathing suit and no sneakers.

Removing Congo Rapids would seem to open up a decent amount of space for future expansion.

^Why would going to HUSS instead of Zamperla (which is pretty much unanimously considered the inferior model) change how Six Flags would choose to theme it? Does the theme really even matter for a ride like that?

I wasn't saying that. I was saying that no matter what, the theming on these rides is pretty generic justice league stuff. I would rather get a HUSS but SF will probably go with Zamperla based on the past few years trends

My first post here,

I love coming here for upcoming SFGA future predictions.

I am been saying for years they should move the Congo Rapids ride to Hurricane Harbor or get rid of the ride.

I hate getting my sneakers and socks soaked on the ride.

It would be awesome to go on the ride or something similar in HH in a bathing suit and no sneakers.

Removing Congo Rapids would seem to open up a decent amount of space for future expansion.

That would be awesome, but I don't think I could see that happening. I agree about getting your shoes on socks wet, and that might be why the line hasn't been very long this entire season.

It also wouldn't be cost effective and it has been the recent trend that parks are removing log flumes and rapid rides rather than building new ones. It would also mean without a new water ride for the theme park to replace Congo Rapids, all that would be left is Saw Mill Log Flume (and Splash Water Oasis for kids). Even though I rarely ride Congo Rapids, I hope it stays and another water ride is added just to help spread out crowds.

It also wouldn't be cost effective and it has been the recent trend that parks are removing log flumes and rapid rides rather than building new ones. It would also mean without a new water ride for the theme park to replace Congo Rapids, all that would be left is Saw Mill Log Flume (and Splash Water Oasis for kids). Even though I rarely ride Congo Rapids, I hope it stays and another water ride is added just to help spread out crowds.

I noticed that, this past summer, I ended up riding Congo Rapids a lot more often than Sawmill Log Flume due to how hot it was. even though sometimes I barely got wet, the lines were never really long and I enjoyed getting absolutely soaked on 100+ degree days.

I wouldn't mind if they got rid of Congo Rapids. It's extremely outdated and you either get soaked or stay completely dry. Very inconsistent.

Congo is still fun! I love when riding with friends. The thing that makes it special is that only 2 or 3 people will get soaked, making the ride to the end fun!

I really enjoy Congo. It's a ride families love because the tubes are so big and anyone can ride it. It also just helps to balance out the park in terms of ride diversity. When Justice League comes, there's no doubt that based on the range of rides in our park that we'll cement our place as the #1 Six Flags park.