VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2018 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Id love to see the Zamperla Giant Discovery come to the park in 2018.

I don't know if its just me seeing this, but they do have a fenced off area next to The Joker. I'm not sure if it's a big enough area, but that would be a perfect spot for a Zamperla Giant Discovery.

It would be really cool if we got the first RMC T-Rex. Big crowd pleaser.

That really would be a perfect fit, but there's so many places it could go. Such as, Old Country, Rolling Thunder's former spot (Entrance in Golden Kingdom), or on the Lakefront.

I don't know if its just me seeing this, but they do have a fenced off area next to The Joker. I'm not sure if it's a big enough area, but that would be a perfect spot for a Zamperla Giant Discovery.

I think if anywhere, i think it would be in Old Country, fitting with the predicted DC overhaul of the area. The fenced off area is just where they took down the grandstand, and they don't want people going in the water.

That really would be a perfect fit, but there's so many places it could go. Such as, Old Country, Rolling Thunder's former spot (Entrance in Golden Kingdom), or on the Lakefront.

I don't really think there's enough room in lakefront for a whole coaster. Most likely would be the rolling thunder footprint or old country area, depending if they want it to be more like a compact invert coaster or a hyper coaster.

What I think we could be expecting in 2018-2022

2018- Zamperla Giant Discovery in Old Country+Old Country and Movie Town become Gotham City

2019- Custom RMC or RMC T-Rex In Old Country or Rolling Thunder's Footprints, Also HH Expansion

2020- Family/ Thrill Ride Package. Maybe a 2nd Generation Enterprise, Flying Scooters, and something like Hurricane Force 5

2021- Family GCI Wooden Coaster in Rolling Thunder's Footprints or in Old Country

2022- Retheme kiddie areas to Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Superfriends

Edited by GAfanboy13

What I think we could be expecting in 2018-2022

2018- Zamperla Giant Discovery in Old Country+Old Country and Movie Town become Gotham City

2019- Custom RMC or RMC T-Rex In Old Country or Rolling Thunder's Footprints, Also HH Expansion

2020- Family/ Thrill Ride Package. Maybe a 2nd Generation Enterprise, Flying Scooters, and something like Hurricane Force 5

2021- Family GCI Wooden Coaster in Rolling Thunder's Footprints or in Old Country

2022- Retheme kiddie areas to Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Superfriends

I don't think we'll get a new, big coaster until at least 2020+

I don't think we'll get a new, big coaster until at least 2020+

You never know, they could be like Six Flags Great America when they did X-Flight, then 2 years later Goliath. Besides, Great Adventure is (arguably) the best Six Flags park. They deserve better, and you never know if they can do that. The last roller coaster that was not a relocation or clone was El Toro in 2006. They need roller coasters, and just more rides in general.

Edited by GAfanboy13

You never know, they could be like Six Flags Great America when they did X-Flight, then 2 years later Goliath. Besides, Great Adventure is (arguably) the best Six Flags park. They deserve better, and you never know if they can do that. The last roller coaster that was not a relocation or clone was El Toro in 2006. They need roller coasters, and just more rides in general.

True but what looks like the current direction and focus of the chain plus the amount of great coasters already at the park, I would guess that the next few years are going to be focused on diversifying with flats and dark rides, which we desperately need.

True but what looks like the current direction and focus of the chain plus the amount of great coasters already at the park, I would guess that the next few years are going to be focused on diversifying with flats and dark rides, which we desperately need.

Yeah, Six Flags is moving overseas again which is how they screwed up last time. Plus, they're lacking in funds which also sucks. But this park makes the most money of all the six flags parks and we get crap, we should at least get an RMC

If anything we'll get an RMC trex in a few years. I don't think we'll get a hybrid. Our only shot at that would've been Rolling Thunder

That unfortunately is very true, but a T-Rex would be amazing. But you never know, they could create a ground up creation like with Lightning Rod at Dollywood.

I bet they have been kicking their behinds about that one

Not really... After doing some reading I found out RT couldn't have been RMCed. I remember it had something to do with New Jersey laws, but, I'm not 100% sure.

Not really... After doing some reading I found out RT couldn't have been RMCed. I remember it had something to do with New Jersey laws, but, I'm not 100% sure.

It had more to do with the poor condition RT's structure was in after years of deferred maintenance. It would have had to have been rebuilt fro the ground up.

It had more to do with the poor condition RT's structure was in after years of deferred maintenance. It would have had to have been rebuilt fro the ground up.

I mean, that ride is 38 years old and they really didn't do well maintenance for the ride. The ride was really just falling apart and just getting old and rough. It was very sad to see it go. Plan A was most likely to RMC Rolling Thunder, and if that didn't work out, Plan B, to build a drop tower on Kingda Ka and the pathways use where Rolling Thunder used to be. Looks like they chose Plan B.

IMO, even if Rolling Thunder's structure was in outstanding condition, its layout made it a very poor candidate for an RMC makeover. It's mostly long straight sections of track. RMC coasters get their high intensity and ratings from very tight and compact layouts with constant twists and turns. Twisted Colossus is similar to RT in that it originally had some straight track, and I consider TC to be their most boring layout. They can't do much with long straight track without having to demolish pretty much all of it to build their own structure around new elements. At that point, it's not even remotely Rolling Thunder anymore, and definitely not worth the cost overhead. Just demolish everything and build a great custom RMC later on.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

Yeah, unfortunately RT's layout was very much a family woodie (by today's standards) and wouldn't be the best RMC.

We don't need another huge insane coaster (it would be welcomed, but that's besides the point), a coaster like Rolling Thunder is a coaster we need as it's a great stepping stone for larger rides.

We don't need another huge insane coaster (it would be welcomed, but that's besides the point), a coaster like Rolling Thunder is a coaster we need as it's a great stepping stone for larger rides.

A GCI like Mystic Timbers or InvadR could work as well as a spinning coaster similar to Cobra's Curse. I prefer a Cobra's Curse style coaster over a GCI.

• Like 1

Actually, many people think joker is the new RT. This is because kids find it as a small coaster. I have younger siblings, so I know. Like, Joker is a step from Minetrain and a little lower on the thrill and scary meter from Superman and Batman. Edited by Mr.Six

Actually, many people think joker is the new RT. This is because kids find it as a small coaster. I have younger siblings, so I know. Like, Joker is a step from Minetrain and a little lower on the thrill and scary meter from Superman and Batman.

I have a younger sibling as well, and Joker has very intense G-force and really throws you around. It's nothing like RT and I've never heard that comparison. There are no similarities connecting RMT to Joker.

The height restriction for RT was 44 inches while Joker is 48 inches.

Yeah, though the Joker may not seem intense to us guys who have been on Kingda Ka and things as intense as that. It's very intense to kids who have only ridden Runaway Train, Skull Mountain, The Dark Knight, and Harley Quinn Crazy Train. The Joker is very much more a thrill ride, in no way a family coaster. Though we already have 4 family coasters, we need a good wooden family coaster, we had that with Rolling Thunder, but now that family wooden gap needs to be filled in our lineup.

• Like 1