VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2018 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Does anyone know what the Rocky Mountain Construction logo on a t shirt would look like? When I was att he park yesterday there where two guys walking around, contractor looking men. Boots, shorts and black t shirts that seemed to have a logo on the back that looked like a mountain. Couldn't make out what it said as I wasn't THAT close to them. but they seemed to be walking around "scoping" things out

Does anyone know what the Rocky Mountain Construction logo on a t shirt would look like? When I was att he park yesterday there where two guys walking around, contractor looking men. Boots, shorts and black t shirts that seemed to have a logo on the back that looked like a mountain. Couldn't make out what it said as I wasn't THAT close to them. but they seemed to be walking around "scoping" things out

I don't think I've ever seen contractors wearing boots with shorts.

Where were they walking around?

RMC has been spotted at the park before as they were the ones that were contracted to construct El Toro. I'm guessing they are the ones who are called for various maintenance work.

I wouldn't read much into that, anyone can buy shirts, hats, etc with their logo.

https://m.facebook.com/154373424599786/photos/a.422303081140151.81963.154373424599786/534408366596288/?type=3

964007_534408366596288_50464998_o.jpg?oh

Na that wasn't the logo on the back of the shirts, VERY similar but not exact.

I don't think I've ever seen contractors wearing boots with shorts.

On Long Island they do lol

Where were they walking around?

RMC has been spotted at the park before as they were the ones that were contracted to construct El Toro. I'm guessing they are the ones who are called for various maintenance work.

When I saw them they where walking past the sky ride by Skull Mountain headed towards Joker

It was probably nothing but I was just wondering what the shirts looked like

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really feeling like Autobahn will be leveled within the next year, especially with it being in view of Justice League with heavy traffic. They'll want more capacity in that area. A Giant Discovery? Or a newer Enterprise on the pad of Spin Meister? I believe its pad and op-booth are still standing.

I could also see the possibility of leveling the Batman Stunt Arena and putting a Giant Discovery there if it weren't for the fact that the arena is used for a lot of special events and cheer,dance,etc. competitions.

I could also see the possibility of leveling the Batman Stunt Arena and putting a Giant Discovery there if it weren't for the fact that the arena is used for a lot of special events and cheer,dance,etc. competitions.

I saw some party tents set up in there when I was waiting in line for the Justice League grand opening.

My wild guesses for the 5 records/ North America's first:

Magic Mountain: World's tallest Skyscreamer between Tidal Wave exit and Riddler's Revenge

Fiesta Texas: RMC Raptor coaster or S&S prototype coaster possibly replacing Poltergeist(relocate to La Ronde)

Over Texas: Skyline Attractions Skywarp in the old strip mall land by Joker

Great America: Mack Powersplash (Pulsar) replacing V2(relocate to America) and Yankee Clipper

Over Georgia: Mack Powersplash (Pulsar) replacing Georgia Cyclone

Great Adventure slides probably only have the generic Six Flags logo too. I wouldn't go by that :P

Ah yes. So true but would a generic Six Flags slide be promoting record breakers for non Six Flags parks? :Sherlock:

Pay me no mind. I'm sitting at my desk at work and enjoying the posts as they come up. Don't tell.

Great Adventure slides probably only have the generic Six Flags logo too. I wouldn't go by that :P

I have never seen the Six Flags logo stamped on the Great Adventure slides, they might put it on the slide if they build a record breaker like Thunder Gun Express.

• 2 weeks later...

My wild guesses for the 5 records/ North America's first:

Magic Mountain: World's tallest Skyscreamer between Tidal Wave exit and Riddler's Revenge

Fiesta Texas: RMC Raptor coaster or S&S prototype coaster possibly replacing Poltergeist(relocate to La Ronde)

Over Texas: Skyline Attractions Skywarp in the old strip mall land by Joker

Great America: Mack Powersplash (Pulsar) replacing V2(relocate to America) and Yankee Clipper

Over Georgia: Mack Powersplash (Pulsar) replacing Georgia Cyclone

Magic Mountain is probably adding a Dive Coaster for next year, as it's been rumored for awhile now and I think it would complete their coaster line up. Plus it would be their 20th coaster.

Fiesta Texas already has an RMC coaster in their park so adding another one would be useless.

I don't know how well this will fit into the current discussion. But recently I went to Great Adventure and I decided to ride The Joker. I was in line and saw one of the ride operators wearing an orange shirt instead of a standard blue one. Must be of a higher rank. But I over heard him and his buddy talking about their coaster counts. When my restraints were getting checked, I decided to jokingly ask if he had any insight on a 2018 attraction. I was expecting to be told something along the lines of, "I can not talk about that," as that is the response I have gotten many times. But the ride operator said, "It is probably going to be a flat ride of some sort. We need it." As for right now, I can only believe that more than anything else because it was coming from a staff member that must have extended knowledge about the park. I still take it will a grain of salt, but there ya go.

I'm not sure if there would be much additional benefit by adding another coaster, unless it were a smaller woodie.

Now the question is what flat ride and where??

There would definitely be benefit to another coaster, specifically a relatively high capacity one. The park has only added 2 short clones and a relocated standup the last 10 years, while removing both tracks of Chiller, GASM and both tracks of Rolling Thunder. Thrill rides will always be our park's bread and butter. They have been filling in much needed gaps the last 5 years so a new, big coaster would not be unreasonable. I do feel there are other areas that could use investment before a coaster, but adding a coaster would be far from overkill.