VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2018 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I disagree. For a raft that fits eight people, all eight should be getting wet. People don't ride rapids to stay dry.

True, but this I'm not sure is fixable. You take most raft rides, even Kali River Rapids in Disney's Animal Kingdom, and it's always a gamble of who gets soaked and who gets out unscathed. This is a common theme among most raft rides, and I think most people have come to accept it as part of the experience. You have to kind of take a step back from the enthusiast side of it and look more as a member of the GP. I'm only 14, so it's not long ago I was still riding these rides with my whole family. It was always fun to see who would get the most wet, and we'd joke and laugh about it. And I really think that's mainly who these rides are geared towards: Families rather than enthusiasts. And I no that's no excuse, but I kinda feel that's just the way it is.

• Like 2

Every rapids ride I've been on, besides Congo Rapids got everyone in the raft wet. There has to be a way to fix it, but I have no clue how. It has nothing to do with "GP" v. "enthusiast" points of view.

getting soaked on Dorneys raft ride is an understatement. its like you get hit by a wave 10 times over on that ride. There is NO WAY you are getting off the ride not dripping. the only thing I have to say negative about it is when the raft hits the sides in the turns. if you are prepared for the hit it will hurt lol

It's always POSSIBLE to update. It's just not probable.

To add elements (waterfalls, geysers, etc.) costs thousands of dollars. There is no way to make that profitable for the park. It's one thing to spend money adding VR to a coaster because people will come to the park to try it. If they say "we added waterfalls to our 36 year old rapids ride) no one will go out of their way to make a special trip to the park to try it. It would make a few people who were already coming to the park happy, but no one will make a special trip.

• Like 1

To add elements (waterfalls, geysers, etc.) costs thousands of dollars. There is no way to make that profitable for the park. It's one thing to spend money adding VR to a coaster because people will come to the park to try it. If they say "we added waterfalls to our 36 year old rapids ride) no one will go out of their way to make a special trip to the park to try it. It would make a few people who were already coming to the park happy, but no one will make a special trip.

Yeah I doubt we'll get an update anytime soon, if ever. It's not the best, but still a pretty fun ride

Here's my Great Adventure predictions for the future:

2020: A new water ski show, a flat ride package, I-box El Toro

No one went to see the water ski show the had before they tore the grandstand down. Why spend money on a new stadium to replace the one just removed? Also, why change El Toro?

Here's my Great Adventure predictions for the future:

2021: A hotel, a new parking lot, a new entrance to the park, a year round park, relocated HH with new slides additions to former baboon section to connect the park

I doubt this is gonna happen any time soon, especially under Six Flags management. It's too large of a project for one year, moving all of HH, making the park fully year round, AND a hotel, new parking lot and new entrance. It seems extremely unlikely.

Heres my predictions till 2025, much more "six flags" friendly.

2018: Giant Discovery, Baboons Return to the Safari, Fireworks maybe every Friday night in the Summer? Relocation in the park of the Jolly Roger ride. Bonzai Pipelines at HH. The Panda Express turns into Chop-Six

2019: GA's 45th Anniversary, nothing too major. (ik, but, you'll see). Splash Golf to Hurricane Harbor. New Show in the movie town arena, movie town gets rethemed to Gotham City (including Old Country area). The Jolly roger spot will turn into an outside seating area for the Chop-Six.

2020: T-Rex Coaster where Autobahn and those buildings are.

2021: Safari Kids turns into DC Super Friends, removal of the paintball building (thats right, I think it will take this long xD)

2022: New Thrill Ride by Bizarro, maybe a pipe scream type ride. Sky Ride M&M trains get an 80 under all logos for M&M's 80th Anniversary.

2023: GCI wooden coaster.

2024: Removal of Tango.

2025: Premier Rides launch coaster.

(Sorry if the things past 2020 are pretty bad predictions)

• Like 1

Just to play devil's advocate, if you push this logic further, it means the park shouldn't spend anything on cleaning bathrooms or staffing the front gate. Obviously there's indirect ROI from an improved Guest experience, even if SFI doesn't seem very interested in that.

Id love to see the Zamperla Giant Discovery come to the park in 2018. A frisbee is one of the major flat rides that we dont have yet and mostly everyone does. It would be even better to get a 2nd gen enterprise too! Although its unlikely, it would be awesome to have an RMC come to the park. Also, it's going to be cool watching Justice League get built during Holiday in the Park. Correct me if im wrong, but isnt it kind of surprising how the park hasnt actually announced where JL will actually be located, even though it will be the Chiller spot?

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt it kind of surprising how the park hasnt actually announced where JL will actually be located, even though it will be the Chiller spot?

I don't think there's anything abnormal about it. It's not that important to most people. Our recent additions have just sort of skirted around the location, or inadvertently given away the location. JL just comes with a generic promo video that all the parks with JL got, so there's nothing park specific or location-revealing in the video.

• 2016 - Parks normally have high quality renderings for new coasters, so that gave away the exact location of The Joker.
  • 2015 - They didn't announce the exact location of Looping Dragon. (They had a photoshopped rendering of it roughly where El Diablo is now, but it was actually supposed to go near Kingda Ka in Golden Kingdom).
  • 2014 - Zumanjaro was pretty obvious.
  • 2013 - SORA. I don't remember if the location was officially announced, but we knew where it would be. (Like the situation we're in now)
  • 2012 - I don't remember if they announced the exact location of SkyScreamer, but it came with a new park section, so that sort of revealed the location.
  • 2011 - We knew the location of Green Lantern because they had to announce that Scream Machine was closing to make room for something new.