VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2018 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

that doesn't look fun to me at all to be honest

I noticed that the blue support on the right articulates to accommodate the twisting effect. While certainly achievable from a structural standpoint, I wonder how this type of structure with an articulation (bending) would hold up over time. It's essentially a hybrid mix of several other rides, so nothing is really groundbreaking, nor do I think it would be a ride that attracted new or more customers to a park.

I wonder if Six Flags has ordered any Claw Flat Rides for 2018. I'm sure they will be re evaulating it in light of the accident in Ohio, I'm sure Hershey will also be Monorting the situation. This is one reason I'm thankful NJ amusement park laws are so strict.

I noticed that the blue support on the right articulates to accommodate the twisting effect. While certainly achievable from a structural standpoint, I wonder how this type of structure with an articulation (bending) would hold up over time. It's essentially a hybrid mix of several other rides, so nothing is really groundbreaking, nor do I think it would be a ride that attracted new or more customers to a park.

reminds me of the "surf Dance"

SAM_1030.JPG

Does GA have to get township approval/permits for anything they build or demolish on their property? Obviously the state must inspect anything ride related. I wonder if they have to file for environmental/NJDEP permits also. Typically when you disturb any land, you have to calculate and prove that you are not increasing any stormwater runoff by increasing impervious area (replacing grass or dirt with asphalt, concrete, etc). But they may already have a stormwater management plan and general permit with the state.

Does GA have to get township approval/permits for anything they build or demolish on their property? Obviously the state must inspect anything ride related. I wonder if they have to file for environmental/NJDEP permits also. Typically when you disturb any land, you have to calculate and prove that you are not increasing any stormwater runoff by increasing impervious area (replacing grass or dirt with asphalt, concrete, etc). But they may already have a stormwater management plan and general permit with the state.

I'm not sure what they need to present to the board. For JL, they requested approval for the building. For Joker, they requested approval for a "new attraction". For Zumanjaro, I don't think there was anything presented to the board about the ride itself (maybe because it's on an existing structure?), but they did have a few meetings discussing the queue house and lights, or something like that.

I thinking that we might get world's first dueling RMC T-Rex coaster themed to Batman to build at former Old Country section aka Metropolis expansion or something like a flat ride package in next year. I hope it's RMC T-Rex coaster as we still not got unique coaster since El Toro.

I highly doubt a T-Rex. I've seen no visible land clearing or markings in the areas I would expect (Old Country/RT's old footprint/4D theater area). And at this point we would have heard of any current attractions closing down to make room for it. I think a Skywarp, water ride or flat ride is most likely.

Not to try to cha he the subject, but I just recently got back from great adventure and saw that they painted over spots on nitro where bare metal was showing in the hand rails and poles in a silvery gray. Hopefully that means a paint job along with a world's first ride

Does GA have to get township approval/permits for anything they build or demolish on their property? Obviously the state must inspect anything ride related. I wonder if they have to file for environmental/NJDEP permits also. Typically when you disturb any land, you have to calculate and prove that you are not increasing any stormwater runoff by increasing impervious area (replacing grass or dirt with asphalt, concrete, etc). But they may already have a s have toptormwater management plan and general permit with the state.

I know they did have too. and I belive they still do. And tree removel is still a big deal. Im still hoping that what they take out for the solar farm is replaced with in the park as well.

Not to try to cha he the subject, but I just recently got back from great adventure and saw that they painted over spots on nitro where bare metal was showing in the hand rails and poles in a silvery gray. Hopefully that means a paint job along with a world's first ride

That must have happened very recently, because when I was there last week those handrails and supports were still chipped and rusted. Sounds like a primer coat, but the question is will they follow up with a repaint or is this just a stopgap measure.