VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2018 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

RMC was involved in the construction of the coaster. There was 1 coaster built after El Toro, T-Express in South Korea. I think the main reason more weren't built is the cost. If the $25 million was accurate, not many parks could afford that (and if they could, they were probably going to add a steel coaster). Six Flags wasn't going to add anymore coasters in that price range. They said there would be "No more Goliaths" in reference to the cost of the coasters added to SFOG, La Ronde or maybe both that same year. Someone posted a while ago that with the change of management or running of Six Flags, Red Zone actually wanted to cancel El Toro but the progress was too far for that to happen.

I think I am more excited this year due to the lack of leaks, they even named all of the ride pages newfor2018 instead of giving away ride names this year. The only leaks were the SFNE planning board meeting, STL soil testing in the water park, and the utility marking ticket for SFA that shows which ride is probably leaving.

I should be, but considering it's basically obvious what we are getting (cyborg themed skywarp) I'm not really hyped about it. I'd rather be surprised you know?

Not saying it isn't a Skywarp as that is a very real possibility, but I don't see why people think it is a foregone conclusion. There are 5 SF parks getting either a world or North America's first attraction. As of right now Skyline has only been confirmed to have sold one of them. None of the rumors to this point have been anything beyond basic speculation. I think it is just as possible that we see another first of its kind flat ride, or small coaster.

They said there would be "No more Goliaths" in reference to the cost of the coasters added to SFOG, La Ronde or maybe both that same year. Someone posted a while ago that with the change of management or running of Six Flags, Red Zone actually wanted to cancel El Toro but the progress was too far for that to happen.

That is depressing. So in other words we are damned to forever getting cookie cutter small scale coasters. There are so many options out there that would be great for are park as first in the are.

-b&m wing coaster

-b&m dive coaster

-Maverick style Intamin

Id kill for any of those in our home park

Sooner or later, the Six Flags Corporation will ralise that their competitor, cedar fair, is very successful having 1 or two years of continuous high end addition and a couple cheaper years. Compared to cheap years after cheap years. Like are giga coasters ever gonna come? Probobly nit. But they will have 2 strata coasters.

Sooner or later, the Six Flags Corporation will ralise that their competitor, cedar fair, is very successful having 1 or two years of continuous high end addition and a couple cheaper years. Compared to cheap years after cheap years. Like are giga coasters ever gonna come? Probobly nit. But they will have 2 strata coasters.

Who comes up with these coaster names, such as mega, strata and giga? LOL

2019 And Beyond Speculation at SFGA. I'm already looking forward to it!

Less than 20 hours until we know everything about 2018. Are they still releasing everything at around 5AM?

I think this is the first time in years they've really kept GA's new addition under wraps until the announcement. Every other year I can think of it was leaked days, weeks or months ahead of time (or at least a general idea of what was coming).

• Like 1